Hi, I am Vikash!
Queen Margaret University
Health System Research
I have an interdisciplinary background in Social Work and Global Health with a specialisation in non-communicable disease and health system research. My PhD examine assumption of health system integration in non communicable disease service delivery in India”. Over 10 years, I have worked with various development actors and organisation in India and the UK in varying capacity: Research consultant, Monitoring and Evaluation Officers, Social Care Practioners, and Policy Advocate with a interest in maternal health and equitable health policy & systems.
I am an associate with the University of Edinburgh; board member of Span International.
Interest areas/ expertise: Integrated care and health systems integration; Health Policy in low and middle income countries; Human Resource for Health; Community Health Workers, Mental Health Services.
For publications, research and projects I am keen to collaborate on research projects related to global mental health and non-communicable disease. Please contact me at email@example.com
- Co-Chair, Doctoral Student Association, Queen Margaret University (June 2015- May 2016).
- Committee Member, QMU Malawi Student Society, Queen Margaret University (2016 – Present)
- Board Member, Span International, Patna, India (2017 – Present) www.spaninternational.org.in
- Co-founder, Research Journal Company (2017 – Present) www.researchjournal.co.uk
- Advisor, Medha, a charitable organization, India. (2014 – Present)
- Co-founder, Initiative, Patna, India (2006 – Present); www.initiative.org.in
- Ph.D Queen Margaret University, (Sep 2014 – Present) Thesis Title: Health System Integration in Non-Communicable Diseases in India: An Institutional Ethnography; Supervisors: Dr. Karina Kielmann and Dr. Anuj Kapilashrami
- MA (Social Work), Tata Institute Social Sciences, Mumbai, 2011. Dissertation Title: Health Care Accessibility in Flood Affected Area: A Case Study of Darbhanga District, Bihar.
- Bachelor in Social Work, Indira Gandhi National Open University, 2009.
- Consultant, Digital Storytelling and Knowledge Transfer Project, University of Manitoba, Canada. September 2018- Present
- Research Assistant, Institute for Global Health and Development, Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh, Feb 2017 – Jul 2017.
- Professional Advisor – Research, Social Care Alba, Edinburgh Jan 2015 – Nov 2016.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Project Concern International, Patna, India, Mar 2012 – Oct 2014.
- Social Worker (Part-Time), Medha, Patna, India, Sep 2011 – Mar 2014.
- Research Consultant, Public Health Foundation of India, Delhi, India Apr 2011 – Dec 2011.
- Area Coordinator, Project Concern International, Darbhanga, Bihar, 2008-2009.
- Community Worker, Span International, Gaya, Bihar, 2005 – 2008.
- Tutor, School of Social and Political Sciences, University of Edinburgh
- Guest Lecture to Social Work Students at Patna Study Center, Indira Gandhi National Open
University. India Mar 2012- June 2014. Courses taught: 1. Introduction to Social Work 2. Social Work Intervention with Individuals and Groups 3. Social Work Intervention with communities and Institutions 4. Social Work Practicum I & II.
- Learning Methodologies: Taught literature review and research methods to post graduate student at Queen Margaret University.
- Doctoral Mentoring: Assisting doctoral and Professional doctorate student in managing research
project, literature review, data analysis.
Special Training Offered
- Qualitative Data Analysis Software (NVivo 11) Workshop, Center for Social Equity and Inclusion,
India, Mar 2017.
- Academic Writing Workshop, Center for Social Equity and Inclusion, India, Mar 2017
- Writing Retreat Workshop, Center for Development Practice and Research, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Patna, Jul 2016.
Training/ Workshop/Courses Attended
- Short Course in Facilitating Learning and Teaching (in Higher Education), Queen Margaret
University. (25 Aug – 1 Sep 2015)
- Research Grant Application Writing Workshop, University and College Union, UK, 17 Feb 2017.
- Intellectual Property – The Value Within, Intellectual Property Right Office, UK, April 2017
- Training course on “Statistical & Demographic Data Analysis for Health Personal”, National
Institute of Health & Family Welfare, India, Nov 2012
- Kumar, V. (In progress) Drug Procurement System in Integrated program: A case study of NCD
- program in Bihar.
- Kumar, V. Kapilashrami, A (In progress) Factors affecting integrated service delivery: Experiences of leprosy elimination program in India.
- Singh, AK, Kumar, V. (In Press) A case study of Maternal Death Review in Bhagalpur district Bihar.
- Kumar, V., Cheng, S. Y. C., & Singh, A. K. (2016). Impact of flood on rural population and strategies for mitigation: A case study of Darbhanga district, Bihar state, India. Contemporary Rural Social Work, 8(1), 45-56.
- Cheng, C. S., & Kumar, V. (2012) Pattern of Exploitation and Organized Crime: Study on Homeless Beggars in Patna, Bihar. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publication. 11 (2).
- Kumar. V., (2011). Health Care Accessibility In Flood Affected Area: A case study of Biraul Block of Darbhanga District Bihar, Master Dissertation, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai.
- Kumar, V, Singh, H, Saheb, B., Bobade, A. Sawaikar, V., Jariwala, H. (2010) Socio – Economical Study of tribe in Thane District, Maharastra, Report,IRHDP, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. (unpublished)
- Kumar, V, Singh, H, Saheb, B., Bobade, A. Sawaikar, V. Jariwala, H (2010), Child Feeding Practice of Acute Malnourished Tribal Children – A study in Aghai Panchayat, Shahpur taluka, Thane District, Maharashtra, Study Report, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai.(unpublished)
- Kumar, V, Singh, H,. Sawaikar,V. (2010), Identification of people with disability & Need Assessment for their rehabilitation- A study in Aghai PHC region, Shahpur Taluka, Thane District, Maharashtra; Study Report, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. (unpublished)